Tofu and Honey Melon Salad
Share the love
- Serves: Makes 6 generous portions
- Preparation: 25
- Ready: 25
A hot and sweet summertime temptation, this substantial salad from vegetarian restaurant tibits makes a brilliant starter.
For the salad
- 1 honey melon
- 2 carrots
- 300 g tofu
- 8 tablespoons rapeseed oil
For the dressing
- 100 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon mild chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 30 g toasted coconut flakes
Peel the melon and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut the flesh into a 2.5 cm dice.
Wash and peel the carrots, cut into fine strips.
Chop the tofu into 1.5 cm dice and quickly fry until golden brown. Leave to cool.
Mix the tofu, melon and carrot.
Mix the dressing ingredients with the hand blender in a stainless steel bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, mix well, cover and refrigerate.
Scatter with coconut flakes and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of tibits. Taken from tibits at home.
tibits at home features 50 favourite recipes from the popular Swiss vegetarian restaurant. Their next book, Vegan Love Story is out in the autumn.