The Website is operated by the Meat Free Monday Foundation (we, us, our) a company incorporated in England & Wales operated on a not-for-profit basis. Where we decide the purpose or means for the processing of the personal data that you provide when using our service, we are the “data controller” for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). As data controller, we will comply with all applicable data protection laws.
This policy should be read together with our Terms & Conditions of the Website
Our Website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. These websites operate fully independently from us, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties nor the availability of these external sites or resources. The appearance of such links on our Website is not an endorsement. Should you use any of these websites, such use is at your own risk and we would recommend that you review their respective privacy policies.
How we use your personal data
If you ask to be added to our mailing lists, we will keep you updated with information, news, recipes, competitions and prize draws by email unless you would like to be removed from that list (in which case please let us know by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of each marketing email). In order to send you the information that is most relevant to your location, we may also ask you to tell us which country you are in.
In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will use the email address you gave us via the Website to provide you with this information.
There may also be circumstances where we will ask you for your explicit consent in respect of our use of your data in which case you will be notified at the time.
Information provided by you
When you use our Website, you may be asked to fill in forms (including your name, your email address, and postal addresses) so that we can provide a functionality, service or product to you, such as:
- for you to submit a recipe to us;
- for you to tell us why you love Meat Free Monday via our “Get Involved” page;
- for your school to sign up and participate in Meat Free Monday; or
- to order a Meat Free Monday poster,
in accordance with the terms agreed between us and / or in line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business.
If you contact us about our services, the forms you complete or the emails you send may include information about you, such as your name as the contact point for an organisation, your email address, the organisation’s address and your enquiry. We use this information to respond to your enquiries.
- In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will process your enquiries to respond and provide you with information about the services we offer .
- We may also process enquiries to take steps you ask of us with a view to entering into an agreement to provide you with our services.
You are under no obligation to provide us with any details, but if you don’t provide all relevant information, we may not be able to help.
How you use our Website (Analytics)
- We process this information to understand how visitors use our Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Website, and we aggregate this information together so we know that, for example, that visitors to our Website come from a specific territory). This information is not used by us to develop a personal profile of you.
- This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our Website, and providing a better service and source of information to visitors.
You can always choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser. For further information about cookies, please see: www.allaboutcookies.org, and how to adjust your browser settings here: www.allaboutcookies.org/managecookies.
We use Google Analytics on our Website for anonymous reporting of Website usage If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our Website please use this link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/)
All content you submit to us
If you send us objectionable content or otherwise behave in a disruptive manner when using our Website, we may process personal data included in your messages to respond to and stop such behaviour.
- We only process personal data in this way for the legitimate interests of ensuring that use of our Website is lawful, does not disrupt our systems, does not harass our staff or other individuals, and to enforce our legal rights and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Where we reasonably believe you are or may be in breach of the law (for instance, because content you send amounts to harassment or is defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your email / internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
Where we process personal data in this way, we will hold that personal information on our systems for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve these objectives.
Sometimes we will offer prize draws on the Website. In order to enter these, we may ask you to provide information such as your full name, postal address, email address, and the country you are in.
We will use this information to administer the prize draw in accordance with the terms agreed between us and notified to you at the time.
We may work with our commercial partners to offer a prize draw, in which case we may pass your information to such a partner if they need it to administer the prize draw. For example, to send the winner the relevant prize. You will always be notified at the time, of what commercial partners are involved in the prize draw.
We may also ask at the time, on behalf of our commerical partner, whether you want to receive email communications from them.
2. Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. All our third party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. Activities which are carried out by third party service providers include: CRM management software, website hosting, and IT support.
In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets, the information we hold may be included as part of that sale, in which case you will be notified via email and / or a prominent notice on the Website of any changes in ownership or use of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding that information.
Except as provided above, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Your rights in relation to personal data which we process relating to you
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, in response to any requests by you:
- for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
- for a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
- to make a complaint to a data protection regulator.
Please send your requests to [email protected]
We do not use the Website to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] We will delete such information within a reasonable time.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information.
This policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new policy here and, where feasible, by letting you know by email.
International Data Transfers
Some information we hold may be stored on servers that may be located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). With certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
If you would like to find out more about these safeguards, please let us know by writing to [email protected]
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.