No Chick – One Pan Fried Rice
Share the love
- Serves: 2
- Preparation: 5
- Cooking: 10
- Ready: 15
A colourful rice dish that is quick and easy to prepare and full of flavour.
- 2 white rice steam bags (400 g cooked rice)
- 1 teaspoon frozen chopped chilli
- 1 teaspoon frozen chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 160 g vegan ‘chicken’ strips (for example Iceland’s ‘No Chick Chicken Strips’)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and finely julienne)
- 100 g frozen diced onion
- 100 g frozen broccoli florets (defrosted and chopped up)
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Cook the white rice in the microwave following the on pack instructions.
In a frying pan or wok on a medium heat, fry the onion, garlic ginger and chilli together for 3-4 minutes to release the flavours.
Add the ‘chicken’ strips, carrot and broccoli. Fry for a further 3-4 minutes then add the rice and soy and mix well. Fry for a further 5 minutes or until piping hot.
Recipe courtesy of Iceland
Iceland is innovating the retail industry in sustainability initiatives, including launching Britain’s largest range of frozen vegan food and supporting Meat Free Monday. This recipe was put together using Iceland’s own products, available in store.