Arroz Chaufa (Peruvian Style Fried Rice)
Share the love
- Serves: 6
- Preparation: 10
- Cooking: 10
- Ready: 20
This is a delicious meat-free version of fried rice dish, common in Peruvian households.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions (scallions)
- 1 block tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup of soy meat, mince or chunks (soy protein) or you can use veggie hot dogs, sliced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Dehydrate the soy meat with hot water for about 10 minutes, then wash and squeeze it.
Fry the ginger and crushed garlic in a wok, after that add the soy meat and the tofu and fry for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add soy sauce, spring onion and red pepper (sauté for a minute).
Add the cooked rice, stir and add more soy sauce and finally add a few drops of sesame oil. Add salt to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Rama. More delicious meat-free recipes can be found at http://www.cheframa.net.