Sprouts Roasted with Leeks and Chestnuts
Share the love
- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 5
- Cooking: 40
- Ready: 45
These Sprouts Roasted with Leeks and Chestnuts make a perfect accompaniment to any meat free roast.
- 500 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 leeks, sliced, white section only
- 250 g chestnuts, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon zest
- 10 sage leaves
- splash of sherry
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley to garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
Mix together all the ingredients in a baking tray and roast for 40 minutes until the garlic is soft and caramelised.
Finish with fresh chopped parsley.
Recipe reproduced with kind the permission of Rachel Demuth and The Vegetarian Cookery School.