Share the love
- Serves: 2 (1 quesadilla)
- Preparation: 5
- Cooking: 10
- Ready: 15
A scrumptious Mexican-style stuffed quesadillas made with two tortillas sandwiched together over a cheese- and bean-based filling.
- 2 small wheat-flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons canned refried beans, thinned out with a little vegetable stock or water
- 50 g vegan cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa (home made or ready made)
- sliced fresh chilli (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
Spread the tortillas with the refried bean mixture and place the sliced cheese on top. Dot the taco sauce or salsa on the cheese and add a slice or two of fresh chilli if you like things spicy-hot!
Fold the tortillas into half-moon shapes and fry in a very little oil in a hot pan until browned on both sides and heated through. Eat immediately.
A quesadilla is a turnover, made with a wheat-flour (or corn) tortilla and fried lightly in oil. Here refried beans and cheese provide the filling.