Creamy Mushroom and Onion Korma with Cashew Nuts
Share the love
- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 5
- Cooking: 25
- Ready: 30
A deliciously creamy dish – personal favourite of ‘Crafty Beggars’ Presenter Wendy Turner Webster.
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 125 g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g (2 oz) sultanas
- 40 g (1½ oz) roasted cashew nuts
- 50 g (2 oz) Patak’s Original Korma Curry Paste (use this or any other animal-free brand, available from your local supermarket)
- 50 g (2 oz) vegetable ghee
- 50 g creamed coconut dissolved in 450 ml (¾ pint) of hot water
- 150 ml (¼ pint) soya cream
Melt the vegetable ghee in a large frying pan over a hot heat. Add the onions.
Once the onions are browned, add the sultanas and cashew nuts.
Add the creamed coconut and water and stir well.
Add the sliced mushrooms.
Once the water has reduced by a quarter, add the curry paste and continue to cook. Now turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the soya cream. Stir in well and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Wendy Turner Webster.
“This is my favourite dish, especially when served with thick chipped potatoes! Also goes well with Pilaw rice.”