Zesty Puy Lentil Salad
Share the love
- Serves: 6
- Preparation: 30
- Cooking: 30
- Ready: 60
This fresh and tasty salad from FoodCycle makes use of tinned lentils, a store cupboard staple.
- 500 g puy lentils, rinsed well and cooked until just soft
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into small squares
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped into small squares
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/crushed
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- glug of olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Rinse and cook the puy lentils according to packet instructions (or until just soft).
Sauté the minced garlic until softened.
While the lentils are still warm, toss through cooked garlic, olive oil, ¾ of the lemon zest and juice and some salt and pepper to taste.
Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes to let the flavours combine.
Stir in chopped peppers and ¾ of the fresh parsley.
To serve, pile up salad on large rounded dish, sprinkle with remaining parsley, lemon zest, juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
FoodCycle is a charity working to reduce food waste and food poverty in communities across the UK by serving healthy, meat-free meals for people in need. They collect fresh fruit and veg that would otherwise be thrown away and cook these ingredients into nutritious three-course meals.
Find out more at www.foodcycle.org.uk and get involved!