Proving how simple it is to eat less meat, 312 seasonal recipes are provided in The Meat Free Monday Cookbook (a breakfast, packed lunch, lunch, side, dinner and dessert for each Monday of the year), with contributions from top celebrities and chefs such as Kevin Spacey, José Pizarro, Pamela Anderson, Twiggy, James Tanner, Gino D’Acampo, Yotam Ottolenghi – not forgetting the McCartneys themselves.
With a brand new cover, vegan and gluten-free recipes marked in the index plus a note about dairy and eggs, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook is handy for anyone hoping to increase the amount of seasonal fruit and vegetables in their diet as well as make a positive difference to the planet.
Recipes are divided into seasons to make meal planning and shopping easier and the book brings to life the contributors’ love of all things meat free:
- Breakfasts range from Roasted Mushrooms with Tomatoes to Fruity Quinoa to Fried Bananas with Pecans and Maple Syrup.
- Packed lunch ideas include Veggie Sausage Sandwich, Lentils with Tahini Dip and Mexican Bean Salad.
- Lunches are as diverse as Creamy Broccoli Soup, Spicy Tofu with Ginger and Fennel Sautéed with Peppers.
- Dinner recipes range from Roasted Butternut Squash and Marrow to Thai Vegetable Curry to Chickpea Tagine with Harissa.
- Desserts include Plum Crumble, Baked Pears, Pink Rhubarb Sorbet and Almond Sweets to name but a few.
Get a taster of the cookbook by trying out recipes for Spiced Wholewheat Couscous with Sweet Potato and Pistachios, Super Vegetable Salad and Potato and Pea Samosas, shared on the Meat Free Monday website courtesy of Kyle Books.
For your chance to win a copy, simply complete the form below. The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Sunday 7 August, 2016.
THIS PRIZE DRAW IS NOW CLOSED.
Congratulations to the winners I. Julian, S. Robson, M. McPhail, R. Danner and P. Nealon.
The Meat Free Monday Cookbook, published by Kyle Books priced £15.99 is available here.
*Terms and Conditions
– You are entering a competition to win one of five copies of The Meat Free Monday Cookbook published by Kyle Books with a foreword by Paul, Mary and Stella McCartney.
– These prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes or cash.
– Only one entry per person permitted.
– Automated entries will not be accepted.
– The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Sunday 7 August, 2016.
– Five winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received, to be performed by a random computer process. Each winner will receive one copy of The Meat Free Monday Cookbook.
– The winners will be notified within five working days of the close of the prize draw via email.
– Each prize will be posted to the chosen winners by Kyle Books using a standard untracked service to the postage address inserted above.
– This prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to this prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
– Meat Free Monday shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to us.
– Promoter: Meat Free Monday Limited of 1 Soho Square, London W1D 3BQ.
– Meat Free Monday shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this prize draw where such failure is caused by something outside of Meat Free Monday’s reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, without limitation, fire, acts of terrorism, weather conditions, flood, strike actions or other such industrial disturbances or disputes, acts of war, hostilities, political unrest, riots or civil disobedience or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.