Writer Oliver Boaler embarked on the project after a friend’s dinner party where guests (all meat-eaters) were instructed to bring a vegetarian dish to share. The result was the most delectable feast everyone had eaten for a long time, and the conversation turned to why they didn’t cook meat free more often.
Using tasty and accessible recipes to point those used to eating meat-centred meals towards different options, Oliver seeks to reassure meat-eaters like himself that going meat free needn’t be the stark choice sometimes portrayed, but that each veggie morsel is a step in the right direction.
50% of the funds raised from the sale of the cookbook go to Orkidstudio, a humanitarian design charity whose focus is to benefit children and communities worldwide through innovative architecture and construction.
Get a taster of the book by trying out recipes for Baba Ganoush, Roast Tomato Crumble and Satay Vegetable Stir Fry, shared on the Meat Free Monday website courtesy of Oliver Boaler and WHOLE Publishing.
For your chance to win a copy of Let’s Eat Less Meat, simply complete the form below. The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Friday 5 February.
THIS PRIZE DRAW IS NOW CLOSED.
Congratulations to the winners K. Robinson, P. Izquierdo, K. Holmes, C. Thiart and V. Sankar.
[gravityform id=”18″ title=”false” description=”false”]
*Terms and conditions
– You are entering a competition to win one of five copies of Let’s Eat Less Meat: Vegetarian Recipes for Meat Eaters by Oliver Boaler.
– These prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes or cash.
– Only one entry per person permitted.
– The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Friday 5 February, 2016.
– Five winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received, to be performed by a random computer process.
– The winners will be notified within five working days of the close of the prize draw.
– Prizes will be posted worldwide to winners by WHOLE Publishing.
– This prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to this prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
– Meat Free Monday shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to us.
– Promoter: Meat Free Monday Limited of 1 Soho Square, London W1D 3BQ.
– Meat Free Monday shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this prize draw where such failure is caused by something outside of Meat Free Monday’s reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, without limitation, fire, acts of terrorism, weather conditions, flood, strike actions or other such industrial disturbances or disputes, acts of war, hostilities, political unrest, riots or civil disobedience or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
– Meat Free Monday reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes are not available.