Fennel and Sorrel Salad
Share the love
- Serves: 4 as a main
- Preparation: 15
- Ready: 15
A beautiful, fresh summer salad from Loam, which carefully combines fennel with complementing, delicate flavours.
For the salad
- 3 fennel bulbs, sliced very thinly, preferably done with a mandolin
- 1 candy beet and golden beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small handful red veined sorrel (if not available, substitute for dill)
For the poppyseed dressing
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon very good olive oil
- ½ tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 crushed clove smoked garlic
Whisk the dressing ingredients together with a pinch of sea salt, and then check the seasoning, adding more maple syrup or vinegar to balance.
Place the fennel and candy beets in a bowl and coat with the dressing. Assemble onto a plate and scatter over the sorrel. Serve at once, or keep cool in the fridge until ready to eat.
Recipe courtesy of Loam
Loam specialises in creating delicious and health conscious food, beautifully presented for shoots, events and special occasions in London and beyond.