Corn and Black Bean Salad
Share the love
- Serves: 4
- Preparation: 10
- Ready: 10
A fantastic salad which can be served as a side or used as a salsa with tortilla chips.
- 540 ml black beans, rinsed and drained
- 250 ml corn kernels (frozen, fresh or tinned)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 15 ml olive oil
- 15 ml jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 ml salt
In a bowl, stir the beans with the corn, avocado, tomato, onion and coriander.
Add lime juice, oil, jalapeño and salt.
Stir until evenly mixed. Taste and add more lime juice or salt, if needed.
“Next time you go to a pot-luck, take this salad – it’ll be the hit of the party!”