Beetroot Ravioli with Cashew-Chive Bourson Cheese
Share the love
- Serves: 6-8
- Preparation: 60
- Cooking: 20
- Ready: 80
Saf’s famous soft and creamy cashew cheese used within beetroot ravioli for a unique flavour sensation.
- 450 g cashew nuts
- ¾ teaspoon New Chapter Probiotics (dissolved in 225ml warm filtered water) or 225ml fresh Rejuvelac
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast small-flake
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons chives, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large beetroot, sliced into paper-thin rounds
- garlic oil
- aged balsamic vinegar
- green garlic oil
- coarse sea salt
- cracked black pepper
To make the herb-cashew bourson, first soak your cashews for 12-14 hours. In a food processor, blend them with the probiotics in lukewarm water/rejuvelac until smooth. Put into a glass bowl, cover with a towel, and leave to sit in a warm place for 14-16 hours to culture.
When finished culturing, mix in the yeast, onion powder, chives, parsley and shallots, and put to one side.
Slice the beetroot into paper-thin rounds, season and marinate for a minimum of one hour in the garlic oil.
Lay the sliced beetroots out, scoop a tablespoon or so of the cashew cheese into the centre of each, and cover with another slice of beetroot to complete the ravioli.
Finish with more chopped chives, aged balsamic, cracked pepper and coarse sea salt.
This recipe comes from Chad Sarno – chef and proprietor of Saf.