Vegan ‘Prawn’ Cocktail
Share the love
- Serves: 2
- Preparation: 15
- Ready: 15
A tasty plant-based ‘prawn’ cocktail from London-based chippy Sutton and Sons!
For the Rose Marie sauce
- 3 tablespoons egg-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- large squeeze of lemon juice
- 2-4 splashes veggie Worcestershire sauce
- 2-4 drops of Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper and cayenne pepper
For the seafood alternative
- 250 g vegan prawns, prepared according to packet instructions
For the cocktail salad
- shredded gem lettuce to fill the glasses or bowls
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- half an avocado, split into halves for each serve
- finely chopped pickles
- lemon to garnish
- dill, to garnish
Place the various ingredients for the Rose Marie sauce into a mixture bowl and stir together.
Arrange either two cocktail glasses or two small salad bowls and place half of the salad ingredients into each.
Divide the vegan prawns onto each of the salads and drizzle the Rose Marie sauce onto each salad.
Garnish each of the salads with lemon and dill.
Recipe courtesy of Sutton and Sons
Sutton and Sons is a family-run fish and chip shop with three London branches (Islington, Stoke Newington, Hackney), offering a unique vegan menu alongside traditional fish and chips. The vegan menu – which includes ‘prawn’ cocktail, ‘scampi’, ‘chicken’ and ‘fish’ burgers, battered vegan sausages and vegan pie and mash – was launched in 2018 with a vegan pop-up, and was so successful that the menu was introduced to all three Sutton and Sons restaurants. They continue to work with vegan suppliers to grow the menu, keeping it innovative and seasonal.