Tasty Lentil Bolognese
Share the love
- Preparation: 5
- Cooking: 35
- Ready: 40
If you’re craving a meat free meal that is comforting and hearty, then look no further than this Tasty Lentil Bolognese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and finely diced
- ½ small aubergine, finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 75 g puy lentils (dried)
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 250 g spaghetti
- hard vegan cheese, optional
Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, carrots and aubergine.
Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and coat in the mixture. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock, sun-dried tomato paste and seasoning.
Cover with a lid, bring up to the boil, then simmer for 25-30 minutes until the lentils are soft and the sauce is reduced. Add the thyme and soy sauce.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instruction, drain and toss in the sauce.
Garnish with hard vegan cheese, optional.
Recipe courtesy of Annabel Karmel
Facebook: Annabel Karmel
“If you’re craving a meat free meal that is comforting and hearty look no further than my Tasty Lentil Bolognese. Lentils are a fantastic plant-based source of iron and combining with the hidden veggies high in vitamin C helps you absorb the full benefits of iron.”