Spicy Pan-Asian Rice Noodle Soup
Share the love
- Serves: 2
- Preparation: 10
- Cooking: 15
- Ready: 25
Why not introduce some more spice into your life with this colourful Pan-Asian Rice Noodle Soup from V-Land?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g shimeji mushrooms
- 150 g king oyster mushrooms, finely sliced lengthways
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli, finely chopped
- several turns of black pepper
- several turns of salt
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 head of pak choi, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 150 g frozen peas
- 1 nest of rice noodles (around 60 g)
Heat the olive oil and fresh chives in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the king oyster mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes stirring frequently. Throw in the shimeji mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes – make sure the mushrooms are fully cooked then set aside and cover, to keep them warm.
Add 1 litre vegetable stock, the garlic, ginger, chilli, salt and black pepper into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
Add the red bell pepper, pak choi and frozen peas, and simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the rice noodles, simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently – make sure the food is piping hot before serving.
Stir in the spring onions and top with the set aside mushrooms. Season to taste and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of V-Land
V-Land is an online magazine dedicated to providing up-to-date vegan content from around the UK.