Share the love
- Serves: 6
- Preparation: 8
- Cooking: 17
- Passive: 10
- Ready: 35
Light and fresh, this Pea Velouté is a joy to eat – serve with all the garnishes to impress your guests!
- 300 g frozen peas
- 1 small bunch (20 g) fresh mint
- 4 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 1 medium leek (80 g), washed, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 70 g soya butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) white miso paste
- 30 ml sake
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 300 ml oat milk
- 200 ml vegetable stock (a good quality cube will be fine)
- 200 ml water
- coconut oil for cooking
- sea salt flakes
- 400 g tinned black lentils
- 400 g green peas, fresh or frozen (if frozen, add to warm water to slowly defrost)
- 200 g raw cauliflower, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon mint, basil or coriander, roughly chopped to sprinkle
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan on a medium heat and add the leek and miso paste. Mix well and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until soft.
Add the milk, stock, mint and lime leaves and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Add the frozen peas, garlic powder, water and a heaped teaspoon of salt. Mix everything well and remove from the heat. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Remove the mint and lime leaves. Put the soup into a blender and pulse until smooth.
Add a spoonful of lentils to the centre of each bowl, before pouring the velouté around the edge. Then arrange the green peas, cauliflower on top of the lentils and velouté. Sprinkle with herbs.
Recipe courtesy of Holy Carrot
Opened in June 2021, Holy Carrot is an innovative plant-based restaurant located in the wellness and beauty destination Urban Retreat, in the heart of Knightsbridge. Its goal is to offer guests a new way of experiencing and enjoying vegan food with a menu that focuses on ethically sourced seasonal produce prepared in a mindful manner. Highlights from the menu include ‘Beetroot Protein Pasta’, ‘Crispy Quinoa Maki’ and ‘Sicilian Lemon Tart’. A variety of smoothies are available alongside a choice of mocktails and cocktails.