Caramel Sweet Potato Cake
Share the love
- Serves: Makes 1 cake
- Preparation: 10
- Cooking: 50
- Ready: 60
This delicious Caramel Sweet Potato Cake is a way to indulge while working towards your 5-A-Day!
- 180 g plain/all-purpose or gluten free flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax seed + 4 tablespoons water)
- 200 g mashed sweet potato (simply roast the sweet potato until soft then scoop out of the skin)
- 60 ml plant milk
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 120 ml caramel syrup (e.g. Sweet Freedom Caramel Syrup)
- 250 g vegan cream cheese
- walnuts, for decoration
Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
Grease a loaf tin.
Make the flax eggs: mix ground flax seeds with 4 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for a few minutes until it’s thickened.
In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes. The cake is baked when the top springs back when touched, or a toothpick comes out clean.
Once cooled, mix the caramel syrup into the cream cheese and ice the cake.
Top with walnuts and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Sweet Freedom
Facebook: Sweet Freedom