This is the opening of The Lunch Line Fight: Looking at Different Perspectives, by Tosca Killoran and Jeff Hoffart, part of a series of 10 paperback books with a focus on citizenship, mindfulness, empathy, character and social-emotional skills, presented in story book format.
The story follows two friends queuing for their school lunch, not understanding the reasons for each other’s food choices and starting a journey of discovery.
“The authors have created a story that opens up and deals with the very real issues of food prejudice in today’s society as well as the disturbing food culture that has been inflicted on our youth”, said Jennifer Schell, food & wine writer/columnist. “The taboo of discussing ‘strange’cultural and the – now more than ever – different world of dietary issues, both personal and medicinal, is addressed in a casual, fun and inspiring story involving two friends. This book will provide a much-needed influence on our children’s right and ability to become active in creating good nutritional food for their genre.”
The Lunch Line Fight is is aimed at children, and is ideal for students aged 7-12. It is perfect for schools considering Meat Free Monday or already supporting the campaign. Find out more here.
Meat Free Monday is pleased to be giving away five eBook versions of The Lunch Line Fight: Looking at Different Perspectives. For your chance to win one, simply complete the form below. The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Friday 12 December.
[contact-form-7 id=”9170″ title=”The Lunch Line Fight”]
By entering this prize draw you accept the Terms and Conditions of the site and the Terms and Conditions* below.
*Terms and Conditions
– You are entering a competition to win one of five promotional codes for redemption on an eBook copy of The Lunch Line Fight: Looking at Different Perpectives by Tosca Killoran and Jeff Hoffart.
– These prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes or cash.
– Only one entry per person permitted.
– The prize draw closes at midnight (GMT) on Friday 12 December, 2014.
– Five winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received, to be performed by a random computer process.
– The winners will be sent a promotional code by email within five working days of the close of the prize draw.
– Promotional codes expire on 20 December, 2014, and are redeemable on the iTunes Store or iBooksStore:
— Requires an iTunes account, subject to prior acceptance of license and usage terms.
— To open an account you must be above the age of 13.
— The eBook is viewable only on an iOS device with compatible software.
— Compatible software and hardware, and internet access (fees may apply) required.
— Not for resale.
— Full terms apply; see www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/. For more information, see www.apple.com/ca/support/.
– The eBooks are provided by ED-ucation Publishing at www.ED-ucation.ca
– This prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to this prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
– Meat Free Monday shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to us.
– Promoter: Meat Free Monday Limited of 1 Soho Square, London W1D 3BQ.
– Meat Free Monday shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this prize draw where such failure is caused by something outside of Meat Free Monday’s reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, without limitation, fire, acts of terrorism, weather conditions, flood, strike actions or other such industrial disturbances or disputes, acts of war, hostilities, political unrest, riots or civil disobedience or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.